Water Filters vs Bottled Water, Which is better for us?
Many people argue about the difference between bottled water and filtered tap waters. Although bottled waters are purified by water companies and suppliers, they still use chemicals and special agents to make their water “better”.
If you’re thinking of choosing between bottled water and filtered tap water at your home, here is a simple guide to help you with your decision. This article tackles about the advantages of using filters in your tap water, the comparison between the two options and also the benefits of choosing drinking water.
Things to know about water filtration
There are four ways to clean your tap water, these are: distillation, reverse osmosis, water treatment and filtration. Even if filtration is not full-proof when it comes to removing chemicals in your tap water, here are some of the benefits that you will get when you install one in your home:
- Mineral-rich and clean water – Filtration removes chemicals and contaminants that are found in your everyday tap water which could help your health in many ways. There are four ways to filter your water, it could either be counter-top, pitcher, whole house or just under your sink. The type of filtration that you choose can also determine how clean your water can be.
- Convenient – If you choose to install a water filter in your home, it’s not only fast but also very convenient for you whole family. You don’t have to deal with delivery services, going to the grocery store to pick up water bottles and so forth.
- Water quality control – Some water bottle companies just re-filters tap water and you’ll never know what chemicals they include in your drinking water just to make it “safe”. Installing water filters can help you monitor your drinking water easier.
Disadvantages of choosing water filters in your home:
- No regulation control – There are no health department or commission that regulates water filters. The effectiveness of the cleanliness of your filtered water can only depend on the manufacturer.
- Maintenance – You will need to regularly maintain the cleanliness of your water filter to ensure that it stays effective as always.
Benefits that you will get when you choose to drink in bottled waters
Although you can easily get water straight from your home, there are many people who still prefer to drink in bottled waters. There are some brands to include electrolytes in their products in order to further give their customers a satisfying experience.
Here are some of the benefits that you will get when you choose to drink bottled water:
- Taste – Tap water sometimes have their metallic taste. This comes from chemical treatments or the pipes that were already installed many years ago. Drinking bottled water ensures that there are no weird taste and no bad odors.
- Safety – If you choose to drink bottled water, you are comfortable that there are no harmful chemicals that may risk your health. Especially when you’re travelling abroad, bottled water is one of the safest choices to get your drinking water from.
- Convenient – You can easily carry around bottled water wherever you go. Unlike tap water, you can go anywhere and still find stores that sell bottled waters in different sizes.
Disadvantages of choosing bottled water:
- Costly – Choosing to buy bottled water every day, week and month can be very expensive. There are also service fee if you choose to hire water delivery services.
- Contaminants – Not everybody understands the ingredients that are listed at the back of a water bottle, so chemicals and water contaminants can be difficult to find.
There’s a big difference between water bottle and water filters, so it is important that you understand both its advantages and disadvantages. Make sure that you choose what’s best for your family’s short-term and long-term health.