Water is the most important fluid in our body. We need to constantly refill ourselves so that we could function at our best all the time. Looking for healthy food may be tough, but finding healthy drinking water is tougher.
The problem today is the many contaminants and bacteria found in your regular tap water. There are a lot of options on where you can find drinking water, this includes:
- Bottled Water
- Reverse Osmosis System
- Distilled Water
- Solid Block Carbon Filters
- Pitcher Water Filters
Water filter pitcher removes contaminants in a very easy and convenient way. It’s cheaper compared to other options and requires little to no amount of maintenance or repair. It effectively reduces chlorine and improves tastes and odor of the water.
Top Rated Water Filter Pitchers
To make it easy for you, we have collected the top 3 picks of the best water filter pitcher in the market. You’ll be able to differentiate each of them with their given product features, pros, cons and our final verdict.
#1MAVEA 1001125 Elemaris XL 9-Cup Water Filtration Pitcher, Black
If you’re looking for a filter pitcher that’s stylish and high in function, then the MAVEA 1001125 Elemaris is just for you.
Features and specifications of this product:
- It’s equipped with rubberized handle to give you comfort and ease when pouring water and rubberized feet to protect your table top and cabinets from scratches.
- The automatic pour-through lid which minimizes the germs and bacteria that will go through your water. The lid automatically opens when there’s pressure from water and automatically closes if the water flow stops.
- It has MAVEA Maxtra Filter that has a micro-screen feature that significantly reduces the release of organic impurities, carbon particles, pesticides, heavy metals, lime-scale and chlorine. It also ensures that the flow rate of the water is consistent, plus it doesn’t require pre-soaking.
- The MAVEA Smart Meter is especially handy because it measures the water hardness, time in use, volume of the water filtered and informs you if the filter needs to be changed.
- The filtration system of this pitcher is made from quality BPA-free plastics and the overall body is made from quality glass. This gives you safer and healthy water with convenience.
Pros: Its rubber feet and handles are very comfortable. The smart meter is a good addition because you’ll know when to change filters. Automatic opening and closing of the lid works very well and it does give you better tasting water compared to tap.
Cons: The “no pre-soaking” is not entirely true, you still have to pour two pitchers at most through the filter so that it would be activated which could be more troublesome. It produces 349 PPM of solids based on its reading and is slightly lowered compared to tap water of 100 points which is not a major improvement.
Verdict: The MAVEA 1001125 Elemaris water filtration pitcher is the top most picked when it comes to choosing the best water filter pitcher. Its style matches the performance of its features and you can be assured that it’s built to last. You can choose from its many different colours and its price is very affordable for many people who would like to have clear drinking water.
#2Brita Everyday Water Filter Pitcher, 10-Cup
The Brita filter pitcher is designed with simplicity, but its features are both efficient and effective.Features and specifications of this product:
- It has a removable lid for easy refill. You just have to pop the lid off and place it under your faucet for filling.
- You can easily change and maintain the filters of this water pitcher.
- The sticker filter indicator lets you know when to change the filters. It’s very helpful because you don’t have to worry about the safety of your water.
- This pitcher is also made with BPA-free plastic to ensure that no other bacteria or viruses will flow into your water.
Pros: It’s one of the most affordable water filter pitchers in the market today that gives high quality drinking water. It’s very easy to use, sticker indicator works accordingly and it gives odor-free, clear tasting drinking water.
Cons: The removable lid easily comes off even when you’re pouring water into your glass which is sometimes very inconvenient.
Verdict: The Brita 10-Cup water filter pitcher is a convenient way to instantly have drinking water. The sticker filter indicator functions well and the filters are easy to use. Although the lid is not secure enough, it’s very easy to use and can be put anywhere. In the end, I recommend this to any individual or family who wants convenience and clear water all the time.
#3PUR 18-Cup Dispenser with 1 Filter with One Pitcher
This is one of the best water filter pitcher because it effectively reduces heavy metal, chlorine and other contaminants in your tap water because it blends carbon and ion exchange materials compared to other filter pitchers.
Features and specifications:
- It reduces twice more contaminants than other filter pitcher thanks to its two-way filtration. It does not only remove the taste and odor of chlorine, but it also removes 96% of other impurities and other specific chemicals that other pitchers cannot detect.
- The automatic safety monitor filter life indicator measures the time you use the filter and tells you when to change it. It recommends you to change your filter once every 2 months.
- The compact design of this pitcher is one of its best features. Although it can accommodate 18 cups of water, it only requires a small space in your countertop or fridge.
- This filter pitcher is also very comfortable and convenient because the handle is sturdy and balances the pitcher very well.
Pros: Its most important advantage against its competitors is its two-way filtration system that effectively removes 96% contaminants, bacteria and other pharmaceuticals in your tap water. It’s also very easy to use and stored anywhere because of its sleek design.
Cons: After a couple of days, you’ll notice that the filter will be clogged. Sometimes you just have to tap the pitcher or shake it.
Verdict: The PUR18 Cup Dispenser is very affordable, convenient and has one of the best filtration systems when it comes to filter pitchers. It offers you undeniable performance and gives good-tasting, odor-less, clean drinking water in just a couple of minutes. The design is convenient and is made for anyone to use.
Knowing more about water filter pitchers
When looking for the perfect water filter pitcher for you or your family, it’s important that you choose the one that fits your needs and style. Manufacturers keep in mind all the wants and considerations of their customers so keep in mind the differences of each product.
Brands like Brita, MAVEA and PUR offer pitchers with different styles and innovative functions. They offer style with high performance features that will make your money worth it. Not only will you have clear drinking water, but you can also save more money in the long run.
Now how will you know if you bought the best water filter pitcher for your family? Here are some factors that you should consider before buying:
- Testing your water: There are at least 300 contaminants and bacteria in your tap water. You first need to test your water to know how what kind of pitcher you’ll need. There are pitchers that reduces chlorine, but there are more advanced pitchers that also reduces heavy metals, microbiological cysts, industrial and agricultural pollutants and pharmaceutical traces.
- Price: Make sure you have a budget in mind for the price you’re willing to pay for your filter pitcher. There are a lot of pitchers that are affordable that can give you clean quality drinking water.
- Design: You can find different styles, sizes and colors in filter pitchers. Some are stylish to the point where it can also be a part of your furniture. Whether you have a small or big fridge, pitchers can accommodate whatever you need.
Benefits you will get
As mentioned before, there are a lot of options when you’re looking for drinking water. But as far as being sure how clean your drinking water could be, water filter pitchers are one of the best choices. Here are some of the benefits you can find when you use the best water filter pitchers:
- Removes chlorine and other contaminants which improve the overall smell and taste on your tap water.
- It also removes the lead from your tap water just before your consumption so that no other contaminants can affect your water.
- A filter pitcher in your countertop is more convenient and cheaper compared to purchasing bottled water.
- Because the filter pitcher reduces chlorine in your water, it also reduces your chances of getting colon, rectal and bladder cancer.
- While it reduces the bad sides of your tap water, it retains the healthy minerals to give you a balance of pH water in your body.
- It protects your body from diseases and improves health.
- It also helps your children’s immune system to develop.
Tips for maintaining and using filter pitchers
Here are some commonly asked questions about filter pitchers and their respective answers:
What is the common shelf life of a filter?
If your filter is in its original packaging, then you’ll never know when the real shelf life is. Ones you opened the filter from its packaging, then your filter will surely expire if it receives enough damage or deteriorates over time due to usage.
Where can I purchase a water filter pitcher?
There are a lot of stores where you can find pitchers. One of the most popular ways to buy these filters is on online store like Amazon.com.
How often should you change your filters?
Every product of filter pitchers is different so be sure to refer to the given manufacturer’s manual. The most common time to change filters is when you reach 40 gallons or once every two months.
How to prepare and change your filter?
Older models will require you to pre-soak the filters before using it in your pitchers, but you don’t need to do this if you have newer models. Here is a simple guide for you:
- Soak the filter as per required by the manufacturer
- Insert the filter in the pitcher
- Add cold water
- Some models have indicators that will inform you when to change the filters and others are found in the manual from your manufacturer
How to clean filter pitchers?
There are instructions on how to clean your pitchers. But there is a simple way to clean them; you just wash the lid with your hand and the body with a soft sponge and mild detergent.
What happens if your pitcher cracks or breaks?
Different materials are used when making filter pitchers, but accidents can happen all the time where your pitchers may get damaged. So if this happens to you, always check the warranty of your pitcher. You can also go the manufacturer’s website to check if they replace the certain parts of the pitcher. Here are some of the parts that are usually replaced by manufacturers:
- Pitcher bodies
How long can you store water in the pitcher?
Water can be stored inside the pitcher for a couple of days just make sure to keep it in a cool place and away from direct sunlight. If you see condensation in the water, replace it immediately.
How to assemble the pitcher filtration system?
Most of the water filter pitcher comes pre-assembled and can be used right away. You just have to insert the filter in the pitcher, follow the instructions of the manufacturer and you’ll have clear drinking water in just a couple of minutes.
What are the black specs found in the reservoir?
These are known as carbon filters. They help clean your water that reduces the chlorine. It’s mostly found in the Brita brand, but newer versions of filters do not have these black spots.
Filter pitchers is becoming very popular because of the convenience it offers and it’s cheaper than other methods. It’s easy to use, can refill your water storage fast, cleans your tap water without any noise and can be stored inside your fridge.
To make it easy for you, we have listed the top 3 best water filter pitcher that are very affordable and can clean your water with high quality and in no time. Check out Amazon.com to check out these products and the different styles they offer and some reviews of its buyers.